Palmetto Rowing Club Today:
- The Club currently has 50 active members, ranging in age from 16 to 80.
- 90% of our rowers learned to row right here on Hilton Head
- We have a good sized fleet of single, and double sculls to interest rowers of all ages and skill levels
- We row on scenic Broad Creek and share its pristine beauty with dozens of dolphins, bald eagles, pelicans, ibises, and blue herons.
- Many people sign up for introductory lessons at our annual Learn to Row Day held each year in the spring. Although that is a convenient way to join the Club, one can do so at any time by contacting the Club via email at Palmettorowing88@gmail.com or using the Contact Form
- We come from a diverse set of backgrounds; some are retired, some are still working. We have doctors, teachers, dentists, sales & marketing professionals, stay-at-home moms, contractors, entrepreneurs--in all shapes, sizes and ages. Twice a year we gather at Old Oyster Factory Restaurant for a holiday celebration over cocktails and dinner and in the Fall for a picnic at the Rowing and Sailing Center. Please consider joining--it's a lot of fun!