Palmetto Rowing Club Today:
- The Club currently has 40 active members, ranging in age from 16 to 80.
- 90% of our rowers learned to row right here on Hilton Head
- We have a good sized fleet of single shells to interest rowers of all ages and skill levels
- We row on scenic Broad Creek and share its pristine beauty with dozens of dolphins, bald eagles, pelicans, ibises, and blue herons.
- We offer lessons to residents of the Hilton Head/Bluffton area. We are pleased to offer our first lesson at no charge and the remaining 3-4 lessons for a total of $200. Lessons are offered year round. To get more details contact us by using the Contact Form on the website or email at Palmettorowing88@gmail.com.
- We come from a diverse set of backgrounds; some are retired, some are still working. We have doctors, teachers, dentists, sales & marketing professionals, stay-at-home moms, contractors, entrepreneurs--in all shapes, sizes and ages. We gather socially twice a year. We typically have a fall picnic at the Rowing and Sailing Center and a holiday celebration in December. Please consider joining--it's a lot of fun!